You know those crazy mornings when there isn’t time for breakfast? Like this past week when the mountain predicted 2-inches of fresh snow, only to realize when I woke up it was actually 8+ inches of fresh POW. Yup, now you’re thinking to yourself, I needed to be out the door 10 minutes ago!
If you didn’t already know, breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Skip it and you definitely won’t have the energy you need to be active all day. Whether your crazy morning is getting out on the mountain, getting the kids ready for school, or getting yourself to work on time, these overnight oats are the perfect grab-and-go meal! Most mornings I eat these right out of the mason jar in the car on my way to the mountain or work. The best part? NO cooking required! You just throw all your favorite ingredients together, pop it in the fridge overnight and boom, breakfast is in your belly!
If you are allergic to peanut butter feel free to substitute another kind of nut butter, such as almond butter or sunflower butter, or leave it out all together! And please, only use REAL maple syrup! As you can see, I used Maine maple syrup because there are a lot of “Mainers” at Ski Butlers and my husband is convinced it tastes better because its from Maine!
This hearty breakfast is also vegan, gluten free (if you get gluten free rolled oats) and super filling so you can charge those powder runs all morning! Enjoy!
Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats (Serves 2, or 1 hungry person)
- 1 cup traditional rolled oats (not the instant kind or steal cut)
- 1 cup almond milk (vanilla or original)
- 1/2 a large ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons mini semi-sweet chocolate chips (or regular)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed (optional)
- In a medium bowl mash together the peanut butter and banana using a fork until fully mixed together.
- Pour oats and almond milk into the same bowl and stir. Be sure to scrape the peanut butter from the sides of the bowl so all the goodness is fully incorporated! Finally, mix in maple syrup, chocolate chips and flaxseed.
- Transfer the oats into a 16oz (Pint) mason jar with a tight fitting lid. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, stir oats and enjoy! You can also add some crunchy granola, fresh banana slices or nuts on top before eating!
Thank you to Ski Butlers for featuring this post on their blog! Check it out here! Want more delicious recipes? Visit me at http://www.skibootsinthekitchen.com, follow me on Twitter @skibootskitchen and ‘like’ me on Facebook!
Beautiful day here in Park City looking out at Deer Valley and Park City Resorts!