I keep waiting for it to feel like fall but the warm weather will not quit! It has been beautiful the last week with bluebird and sunny skies and temps into the mid 70’s. I finally purchased a few pumpkins at the grocery store because I felt like even if the weather was not going to act like fall, I was going to make it look like fall. I have not indulge in a pumpkin spice latte or apple cider yet either, but have been feeling like I need something festive so when I saw this recipe for Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats I decided it would be the perfect recipe to get me in the fall spirit.
One of my favorite overnight oat recipes is my Chunky Monkey Overnight Oats– I know a lot of you love this recipe. It is such an easy and delicious recipe and great for those mornings when you don’t have time for breakfast. I love making my overnight oats in a mason jar and throwing it in my bag to eat at my desk. This recipe is not too sweet but feel free to add some extra maple syrup if you need to. It would also be delicious with chocolate chips or some graham cracker crumbles over the top for some added crunch. Now that you’re eating pumpkin pie oats you can save that $5 you would have spent at Starbucks and buy a glass of wine after work instead! I know… brilliant, right?! Enjoy!
Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats (Serves 1)
- ½ cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ½ Tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin seeds
- optional: chocolate chips, graham cracker crumbles, granola
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl except for the pumpkin seeds.
- Stir everything together, cover, and let sit in the fridge overnight. That’s it!
- Take the mixture out of the fridge, stir and sprinkle with pumpkin seeds. Drizzle with extra maple syrup if it is not sweet enough for you. Enjoy!