Happy summer solstice! A few days late but who is keeping track, right? Especially when the weather has been so beautiful, warm and sunny! I love this time of year when it stays late out until 10pm, it makes me feel really productive, like I have a few extra hours in the day! Even though summer has officially started and school is out for the year, us adults still have to work (big bummer) Oh to be a kid again! The morning “rush” is as usually in our house hold through the summer and I’m not one to skip a meal! And lets be honest, skipping breakfast because you’re in a hurry is a recipe for disaster!
These quiches are great for a quick breakfast, lunch or snack, especially when time is of the essence. Make them ahead of time and pop them in the freezer for later, they are easy to reheat in the microwave and off you go! They are also great for school lunches and after school snacks but don’t let your kids know I’m already talking about back to school… (even though you moms out there are probably already looking forward to it!) These taste delish even when you’re not in a rush… My favorite way to eat them is paired with a big ol’ Bloody Mary or mimosa on a Sunday morning! Enjoy!
Easy Bacon & Egg Mini Quiches (Makes 10-20 depending on the size of your tin)
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half or heavy cream
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 10oz package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl whisk together eggs, half and half, garlic powder, pepper, and parsley until fully combined. Add Parmesan, cheddar, spinach and bacon, mix well.
- Spray muffin tins (I used mini and smaller sized ones) with cooking spray. Be sure not to miss any spots so the quiche does not stick! Fill muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full. Place them in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and puffy. Remove from the oven and let sit for 5 minutes before removing them from the tin.
- Serve warm or these can be easily frozen and heated up in the microwave for a quick breakfast on the go.
It’s hard to believe that kids are starting to go back to school already! Park City public schools start on Thursday, some other schools in the state started last week! But, but wait… summer was just getting started!! Even crazier… some of the leaves are starting to change already! I am not ready for this!
One thing I am ready for… football season! We are just two weeks away from the start of regular season NFL games and I am so excited. One my favorite fall actives is getting together at someones house and watching the Patriots play. It’s one of my East coast traditions I’ve taken with me to the West… Sunday is Pats day. Ok, so you don’t need to love football or the Patriots to love these jalapeno poppers because they are down right delicious and perfect for any occasion. The spice from the jalapeno, the creaminess of the cheese, sweet from the pineapple and salt from the bacon come together for one popping popper! Bring this to your next cocktail party, cook-out or tailgate party and you’ll be everyone’s favorite person. Enjoy!
Jalapeno Poppers with Pineapple and Bacon
- 10-12 medium/large Jalapenos (or 15-18 small ones)
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup shredded white cheddar
- 3-4 pieces bacon, cooked
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy, place on paper towels to cool. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Remove the stems of the Jalapenos, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds and ribs. Be careful not to touch your face or eyes during this process you will burn yourself and regret it!
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, pineapple and cheddar cheese.
- Using a spoon stuff each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture so it is even with the sides of the jalapeno (about 1 or 2 tablespoons of filling depending on how large your jalapenos are)
- Place cheese side up on a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped bacon and serve!
**Thanks to Mia from Blonded by Style for taking the pictures. This post was part of our Mexican Fiesta, check out the whole menu here.