It’s hard to believe that kids are starting to go back to school already! Park City public schools start on Thursday, some other schools in the state started last week! But, but wait… summer was just getting started!! Even crazier… some of the leaves are starting to change already! I am not ready for this!
One thing I am ready for… football season! We are just two weeks away from the start of regular season NFL games and I am so excited. One my favorite fall actives is getting together at someones house and watching the Patriots play. It’s one of my East coast traditions I’ve taken with me to the West… Sunday is Pats day. Ok, so you don’t need to love football or the Patriots to love these jalapeno poppers because they are down right delicious and perfect for any occasion. The spice from the jalapeno, the creaminess of the cheese, sweet from the pineapple and salt from the bacon come together for one popping popper! Bring this to your next cocktail party, cook-out or tailgate party and you’ll be everyone’s favorite person. Enjoy!
Jalapeno Poppers with Pineapple and Bacon
- 10-12 medium/large Jalapenos (or 15-18 small ones)
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 8 oz. can crushed pineapple, drained
- ¼ cup shredded white cheddar
- 3-4 pieces bacon, cooked
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crispy, place on paper towels to cool. Chop into small pieces and set aside.
- Remove the stems of the Jalapenos, cut them in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds and ribs. Be careful not to touch your face or eyes during this process you will burn yourself and regret it!
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, pineapple and cheddar cheese.
- Using a spoon stuff each jalapeno half with the cream cheese mixture so it is even with the sides of the jalapeno (about 1 or 2 tablespoons of filling depending on how large your jalapenos are)
- Place cheese side up on a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is slightly brown and bubbly. Remove from the oven and allow them to cool about 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped bacon and serve!