There is nothing more delicious on a hot day than a crisp, fresh salad! One of my favorite summer salad’s ’round town these days is over at the Boneyard Saloon and Wine Dive, called the Berry Berry Salad. The original version of this dish has a delightful combination of blueberries, cranberries, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds that come together to make your mouth sing! For this remake, I decided to add a couple additional ingredients, plus some juicy grilled chicken for added protein…boy oh boy did it come out delish! Pair this with a nice glass of pinot grigio or frosty brew and you’ve got yourself super fresh dinner or lunch. Enjoy!
Berry Berry Salad (Serves 1 person or 2 side salads)
- 3 large handfuls fresh spring mix
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3 large strawberries, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons toasted almond slivers
- 3-4 tablespoons crumbed herb goat cheese
- 1/2 a medium avocado, diced
- 1 grilled chicken breast, cut into strips
- Brianna’s creamy balsamic dressing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl. Drizzle with 3-4 tablespoons of Brianna’s balsamic dressing. Toss to combine, making sure all the ingredients are coated with dressing. Add more dressing if needed
- Season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Enjoy!