They say breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I couldn’t agree more! Not only is it the most important meal of the day but it is my favorite, epically when it comes to breakfast sandwiches! There are so many options… you can have it on a bagel, English muffin or toast; topped with bacon, sausage or ham- or throw on some cheddar, American or pepper jack cheese… as you can see the options are endless.
I prefer my breakfast sandwich on an English muffin (Thomas’ only please!) with cheddar so sharp it’ll cut you! I’ve learned that you don’t need meat to make a sandwich hearty, put a little avocado on that baby and not only do you get all those good fats in your diet, it fills you up quickly too! The Arugula adds a little peppery kick that is extra delicious. All in all you better make two of these breakfast sandys because you’ll be sad when the first one is gone! Happy weekend everyone!
Bomb Breakfast Sandy (Makes 1 Sandwich)
- 1 Large egg, fried
- 1 English Muffin, toasted
- 1 slice extra sharp cheddar
- 1/4 Avocado
- 2 slices of tomato
- handful of Arugula
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melt some butter in a medium skillet. Crack the egg into the frying pan and let cook for 2 minutes. Flip the egg and cook for a minute more (now is when you’d want to break the yolk!). Place slice of cheddar cheese on top of the egg and cover with lid for 30 seconds. Leave covered and remove from heat, let it sit in the pan while you assemble the sandwich. Meanwhile, toast your English muffin.
- Take 1/4 of the avocado and smash it into the English muffin. Place the fried egg on the muffin and top with tomato and arugula. Season with salt and pepper.
- Server with hot sauce or ketchup (if you love ketchup as much as me!) Enjoy!