Good Morning! It’s another chili morning here in Park City- I was all ready to post another soup recipe because that is basically what I have been living off the last two weeks. Soup and more soup. Don’t worry I have an awesome black bean soup coming your way soon.. but first I thought you’d enjoy a little something to go along with your soup, chili or stew… and what better than “cornbread”?
Ok, so I was pretty skeptical about this recipe, how can you make CORNbread, you know… without the corn? Well turns out its possible and its also pretty delicious! The first time my friend Kim made this recipe for me I had no idea it didn’t have any corn in it. 10 minutes later I had successfully eaten half the plate and asked for the recipe to make some more! There’s really only one way for you to understand just how epic these muffins are – you must make them for yourself! Almond flour can be found at your local natural food store or Whole Foods- make sure the ingredients say “blanched almonds” it really does make a difference! Paleo Cornbread Minus the Corn (Serves 4-6)
Recipe from Our Paleo Life
- ½ cup Almond Flour
- ¼ cup Coconut Flour
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Ghee, melted (clarified butter- can be found in the baking section at Whole Foods or other specialty stores)
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp Honey
- ½ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Preheat the oven to 325F
- Grease a muffin tin or baking pan (8×8) for a baking pan lining it with parchment paper or other non-stick covering is easiest.
- Blend all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Using a hand whisk, add all the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and blend well.
- Using a spoon fill muffin tins 3/4 full or pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for 20-25 minutes for muffins or 25-30 minutes for baking pan, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the bread comes out clean.
- If you used parchment to line the pan, grab the flaps and lift the bread out of the pan. Cool and slice.