Its NFL playoff season… which means food, beer and watching Tom Brady look amazing in his football pants. Yup I said it, and you were thinking it- girls want him and boys want to be him. But seriously, nothing says a good football party like apps, dips and pizza. Well I’ve got you covered- this awesomely delicious Buffalo chicken dip can also double as the perfect pizza topping. Serve it anyway you like it, this stuff is ADDICTING. Like seriously addicting… Like lick the platter clean- people all over town will be fighting for you to come to their football party… because they want the dip not because they like you (just kidding). Its the magically vanishing appetizer… and its stupidly easy to make! I’m a huge fan of 5 ingredients or less and quick- no one wants to be stuck in the kitchen while Gronkowski is spiking the ball!
Here’s what you’ll need:
Preheat the oven to 350degrees
- 16oz Cream Cheese (2 blocks at room temperature)
- 8oz Franks Red Hot
- ¾ cup Celery
- 2 cups Chicken (rotisserie chicken is best, I pull the meat off one of the small chickens from the market- no need to measure, just chop it up and throw it all in)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
Here’s what you do:
- Combine cream cheese, franks red-hot and celery and heat in microwave until gooey and easy to mix.
- Add chicken and cheddar cheese (you can reserve a little to sprinkle over the top).
- Put in a casserole dish or square baking dish and bake for 30 min until top is bubbly and delicious.
- Serve warm with toasted bread, tortilla chips or just about anything else!
Now for the amazing part- double this recipe and reserve some chicken dip for a pizza. You can buy pre-made dough from Wholefoods or the grocery store. Flatten the pizza dough onto a pizza stone. Spread a thin layer of spaghetti sauce over the dough and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.Take as much cooked buffalo chicken dip as you desire and sprinkle over pizza dough. Top with some more mozzarella cheese and bake at 425degrees for 15-20 minutes or until crust becomes golden brown and crispy (cooking time will depend on how thick your crust is so make sure to keep checking the pizza so it doesn’t burn!) As the cook, I always like to test a slice first to make sure its “cooked properly” which is code for “I’m getting my slice before its all gone it two seconds flat” ENJOY!