Super Bowl Sunday is almost here! Sadly, my beloved Patriots will not be playing in the big game (Tom is to busy paddleboarding with Gisele in the Bahamas, can you blame him?) Regardless of who is playing this weekend, Super Bowl Sunday is one of my favorite sports events of year! Football, friends and FOOD (obviously!) what could be better?!
So if you’re ready to show up to a Super Bowl party this weekend with a kick ass appy that’s sure to be the crowd favorite, check out these sweet potato bites. Cheese, sour cream, hot sauce and avocado… there is no better combination! And who doesn’t love sweet potatoes?
They are packed with vitamins, antioxidants and lots of other good stuff! So put down the greasy chicken wings and pizza bites and enjoy the game with these delicious morsels. Looking for some other game day favorites? Check out my Buffalo Chicken Dip, Baked Brie with Candied Pecans, Baba ghanoush, Ricotta dip with pesto & Sun-dried tomatoes.
- 2 large sweet potatoes (washed and sliced into 1/4-inch slices)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Hot sauce (Cholula or Tabasco or whatever you have on hand)
- Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1 large avocado, diced into small cubes
- green onions
- sour cream
- 2 pieces of bacon, cooked and cut into small bits (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
- Using a mandolin, slice sweet potatoes into 1/4-inch slices (leave the skin on). Place potato slices in a bowl, toss with olive oil. Mix garlic powder, chili powder and salt in a small bowl, sprinkle over potatoes and toss to combine. Place seasoned potatoes on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side, remove from the oven and flip them. Bake another 10 minutes. While the potatoes are baking, slice the avocados, green onions and bacon if you are using it.
- When the potatoes are done, remove them from the oven and place a dash of hot sauce on each round (if you like more spice, add more hot sauce). Top each potato with shredded cheese and place back in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Place the potato rounds on a platter, top each one with a small cube of avocado, sour cream and green onion (sprinkle with chopped bacon if desired).
Oh my gosh I want some -Jacki Zehner
omg, these look delicious!!! � REGAN RODGERS FITNESS, LLC