Summer is in full swing which means its BBQ season! We just recently outfitted our patio with some bistro lights, a grill and outdoor table, it is the perfect place to eat dinner on warm summer nights. I typically prefer to cook outdoors in the summer because cooking inside gets so hot and using the BBQ while drinking a glass of wine just screams summer. I also prefer to eat cold dishes rather than hot ones in the summer months- when it’s 85 degrees out after work, I rarely feel like cooking. One of my favorite appetizers is this super simple cowboy caviar made with fresh corn, tomatoes and avocado. I like to cook my corn on the grill in tin foil or with the husk still on, however if you prefer to boil it on the stove that is great also. Stay cool out there!
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cooked ears of corn cut off the cob
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 avocados diced
- 1 lime, juiced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Serve with Frito Lays or Tortilla Chips
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients and stir. Can be made a day ahead but keep the avocado out until ready to serve.