In order to throw the ultimate summer BBQ you need a few key ingredients. First, a theme is helpful (and fun!) to help guide your guests on what they can bring that will complement the meal you’re preparing. For the BBQ collaboration I did with Mia from Blonded by Style we chose a Mexican Fiesta theme with a few reoccurring ingredients such as Tequila, Jalapenos, Cilantro, Pineapple and Lime. See the whole menu here.
Using the same ingredients in all your dishes helps save some money at the store and helps tie the whole meal together! Second, come up with specialty cocktail or drink to go with your theme, everyone loves a specialty drink and it will help make your BBQ more festive! Premixing your cocktail, such as this Pineapple Tequila Crusher or Sangria will help save you time and allow you to mix and mingle more with your friends!
Lastly, festive table decor (plates, glasses and/or flowers) add a fun touch to your party. There is no need to go out and buy all new stuff, find some fun paper napkins or mason jars for your cocktails that you’ll be able to reuse for other parties. No matter what you serve or drink at your next BBQ being surrounded by great friends and food is all that matters! Enjoy!
Drunken Chicken (Blonded by Style & SBITK BBQ Collaboration)
- ¾ cup Tequila
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- ¼ Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeño – partially seeded and diced
- ¼ teaspoon salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ bunch of cilantro, chopped
- 9-10 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- In a medium bowl, whisk together ingredients.
- Place the chicken in a 9×13 baking dish, pour marinade over the chicken and allow it to marinate for 3-8hours in the refrigerator.
- When ready to cook, heat your grill (medium/high heat). Remove chicken from marinade and place on the grill about 5-7 minutes per side. Flip and continue cooking for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through. Serve with Pineapple salsa (recipe below).
- Half a pineapple, cored, skin removed and diced
- 1 jalapeño partially seeded and diced
- ½ cup red onion finely chopped
- ½ pint of cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 limes, juiced
- Drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil (1 turn around the bowl)
- Salt, pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl combine pineapple, jalapeno, red onion and cilantro, and lime juice, mix to combine. Drizzle with EVOO and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve over chicken
**Thanks to Mia for taking all the beautiful photos!
Pingback: Mexican Fiesta with Blonded by Style & SBITK | Ski Boots in the Kitchen