There are a few recipes that should be a staple in everyone’s home. I think guacamole is one of them. Especially in the summer, there is nothing better than a big bowl of fresh Guac and chips. When making a delicious guacamole, there are a few key things to remember…
#1 make sure the avocados are ripe… but not too ripe! no one likes a brown avocado or one that’s so hard you could bite into it like an apple! When picking avocados at the store, be sure they are slightly soft when you push your thumb into the skin, but not mushy.
#2 Dice your onions small, no one likes a big ol’ bite of bitter onion/bad breath! #3 Don’t over mix/mash your guac and leave a little chunk in your avocado, I think it tastes better and its easier to get more on your chip! Guacamole is great on its own as an appetizer or it’s delicious with tacos, burritos, and even on your breakfast sandwich! Happy Monday, hope you enjoy!
Guacamole (Serves 6)
- 3 avocados, pitted, pealed and mashed
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 red onion, diced small
- 1 roma (plum) tomato, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Tortilla chips for dipping
- In a medium bowl, mash avocados and lime juice with a fork, being sure to leave some small chunks of avocado.
- Mix in salt, garlic powder, tomato, red onion and cilantro. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Taste and adjust seasoning with a pinch more salt if desired.
- Cut a piece of Saran Wrap just lager than the bowl, press the plastic wrap down onto the guac so there is no air between the plastic wrap and the avocado, refrigerate for 1 hour. This will prevent the guacamole from turning brown while it is chilling. If you don’t have time to chill it… Serve immediately!
Pingback: Mexican Fiesta with Blonded by Style & SBITK | Ski Boots in the Kitchen