Hello Monday! Hard to believe that the Olympics are over! I loved watching all the high lights and live games every night after work, what will I do now?! Cook I suppose? I saw a pretty cool photo on Instrgram yesterday from Park City Mountain Resort, If Park City were its own country we would be tied for 14th over all in the medal standings! Not bad!! Congrats to all the amazing athletes of Team USA, it was so much fun watching y’all kick some butt over in Sochi! This quick appetizer was one of my favorites for prime time Olympic viewing. Its so easy and fast, and with only 4 ingredients they are cheap to make too! Serve it with some marinara sauce and boom, its the perfect cheesy, salty and delicious snack for any time! Enjoy!
Ingredients (Makes 12 Mozzarella Sticks)
- 6 Mozzarella Sticks
- 12 Wonton Wrappers
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce for dipping
- Cut mozzarella sticks in half. Place each cheese stick half onto the center of a wonton wrapper. Dip the tip of your index finger in a little water and moisten the top two edges of the wrapper, this will make it easier to seal the wonton around the cheese.
- Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the cheese stick, follow by the two sides, then roll the top edge of the wonton to seal it.
- Pour 1 cup of vegetable oil into skillet and heat for 2-3 minutes on medium high heat until 325-350 degrees. If you do not have a thermometer test the oil by placing the edge of a wonton wrapper in the oil, if it starts to bubble right away the oil is hot enough (be super careful, it does splatter).
- Place wontons seal side down and cook 1-2 minutes until golden brown. Using tongs flip the wonton and cook another 1-2 minutes. Remove the wonton from the hot oil and place on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with immediately with warm marinara sauce for dipping. Enjoy! The beautiful sunset in Park City last night!
Original recipe from Alaska From Scratch