Happy Taco Tuesday and Meatless Monday rolled into one! Ok, so I don’t normally name every day of the week after a food theme but Taco Tuesdays are my favorite! We’ve got a couple of restaurants around Park City that offer $2 tacos and cheap margaritas in the summer. But I like tacos and margaritas all year round (especially margaritas)!
I have also been more conscious about trying to eat healthier, whole foods and more vegetarian foods when possible. Monday’s are the perfect day of the week to eat a healthy meatless meal…I usually don’t eat very well over the weekend and I always take advantage of apres drinks after skiing! Regardless of your eating habits, these portobello mushroom tacos are delicious any day of the week! Enjoy from SBITK!
Chipotle Portobello Mushroom & Sweet Potato Tacos with Goat Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 6 medium portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobe, chopped, plus 1/2 teaspoon adobe sauce
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 2 tablespoon cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Corn tortillas
- Salsa, guacamole, sour cream and other toppings you like
- Chili seasoning (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute sliced onion, pepper and mushrooms until golden brown and tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- In another medium skillet saute sweet potato in remaining olive oil for 6-8 minutes, until soft. Meanwhile combine spices for chili seasoning in a small bowl
- Once vegetables in both pans are golden brown and tender, combine them to one skillet. Stir in chopped chipotle, adobe sauce and half the chili seasoning and continue cooking for another 3-5 minutes. (Chipotle peppers in adobe come in a medium can, remove just one pepper and chop it, if you prefer your tacos less spicy only use half the pepper). Taste and adjust seasoning as desired (reserve the remaining chili seasoning for another time!)
- To serve, place a few spoonfuls of mushroom saute onto corn tortillas top with goat cheese, cilantro and other desired toppings.