Anyone who doesn’t like lasagna has something wrong with them. Sorry I’m not sorry! How could you NOT love cheesy pasta with veggies and meat? And It is the easiest, most delicious meal that feeds a crowd! What makes this recipe even more amazing (and not healthy at all..) the whole lasagna is topped with Alfredo sauce!
Yup, I went there! Well I can’t lie, I got this recipe from the back of a Prince lasagna box 10 years ago… shhhh don’t tell! Over the years I have put a few personal twists on the recipe and now its my favorite go to when I’m having a lot of people over or just want something quick and easy for the week- the leftovers are even better! Enjoy!
- 12 Lasagna noodles
- 1 (15-ounce) container Ricotta cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage or ground beef, cooked and drained (optional)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (26-ounce) jar Sweet Basil Marinara pasta sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) jar Alfredo pasta sauce
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat oven 350 degrees. Cook Lasagna according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a medium skillet and saute onions and mushrooms until tender, set aside. In another medium skillet cook sausage until brown, drain and set aside.
- In large bowl, combine ricotta cheese, spinach, mozzarella cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and eggs; mix well.
- In a 15×9-inch baking dish, spread 1 cup marinara sauce. Layer 4 Lasagna noodles over sauce. Top with half cheese mixture, 1 cup marinara sauce and all the cooked sausage and onion/mushroom mixture.
- Layer 4 more Lasagna noodles, remaining cheese mixture and remaining marinara sauce. Top with 4 remaining Lasagna noodles. Spread Alfredo sauce evenly on top; sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
- Cover and bake 40 minutes. Uncover, bake and addition 15 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting. Serving 10-12.