I am very excited to share that I am now writing a weekly column for a new magazine and food blog in Park City called Dishing PC. They are a food-lovers guide to great dining around Park City and the Wasatch front. If you are looking for fun food related activities, recipes or happenings around town, check out there website! This recipe for white chicken chili is my first post for them! I hope you enjoy!
Winter puts me into a soup and chili frenzy, I could literally eat the stuff for every meal! Especially on those super cold days, there is nothing better than warming up with a big bowl of chili after a long day skiing or riding on the mountain, right? In my eyes, a key component to enjoy that bowl of chili… is keeping the cooking a prep time to a minimum! I want more time cruising around the mountain or enjoying an apres drink with friends, not cooking in the kitchen! Fear not, this creamy chicken chili recipe is quick, easy and super delicious, so you can get that last run on the mountain or linger for one last apres drink! This chili gets part of its creaminess from pureeing some of the beans with the chicken stock which gives it a thicker and healthier base. In under an hour you have a yummy dish that will feed and please a crowd! Happy eating!
White Chicken Chili (Serves 6-8)
Prep & Cook Time: 50 minutes
What You’ll Need:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2- inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 15.5oz cans great northern beans, rinsed and drained (keep 1 can separate)
- 1 can 14.5oz chicken broth
- 2 cans, 4oz each, chopped green chilies
- 1/2 pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- shredded cheese for serving
What You’ll Do:
- In a large saucepan, saute chicken, onion and garlic powder in oil until chicken is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a blender, blend 1 can of beans and 1 can of chicken broth until smooth, add to chicken and onion mixture. Add the two remaining cans of beans, mushrooms, chilies and seasonings to the pot and bring to boil. Reduce heat; Simmer uncovered for 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and cream. Be sure to do this after you have removed the chili from the heat or it will curdle. Top with shredded cheese and more sour cream if you desire. Enjoy!
For more delicious recipes check out Ski Boots in the Kitchen blog at www.skibootsinthekitchen.com or follow me on Facebook and Instagram