Happy MAY! Wow, I can’t believe its May… where has the time gone? I realize this week has been the week of the liquid recipes/adult beverages but I am just a few days away from vacation and nothing says vacation like a refreshing beverage in the sun! This cocktail is a little spin off the traditional whiskey lemonade, which is one of my favorite summer cocktails. Whip one of these up and you’ll feel like you’re on vacation too! What you’ll need:
- 2 oz. Bulleit Rye Whiskey (Or another type of rye whiskey but Bulleit is my favorite!)
- 6 oz. Limeade (I use simply limeade)
- Splash fresh pomegranate juice
- Put whiskey and limeade in a cocktail shaker with some ice, shake vigorously.
- Place a hand full of ice cubes in a glass and pour whiskey mixture over ice.
- Pour a splash of pomegranate juice over whiskey (the pomegranate juice should sink to the bottom giving it a pretty sunset look!)
- Garnish with a fresh lime wedge or pomegranate seeds.
- Enjoy! (Preferably in the sun looking at a great view…)