It’s been a rainy few days in Park City and I have been craving some comfort food. I have also been looking for any excuse to turn on my stove! It has been so cold but I am refusing to turn on the heat yet… it’s too early! A few weeks ago I went over to a friends house and she made me this dish from one of her favorite cook books, Gluten-Free Girl Every Day. After one bite I asked her for the recipe! It was so delicious with the combination of the salty prosciutto and the sweet onions and cream. It tasted like a dish you would order in a restaurant yet it only took 30 minutes to make and about 8 ingredients! It didn’t take me long after getting the recipe to make it again and I was just as pleased the second time around. Plus it’s gluten free and I love finding some delish GF recipes for when we have guests with dietary restrictions over. Give this recipe a whirl… you won’t be disappointed! Enjoy!
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 5 slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450F degrees
- Season pork chops with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place chops in the pan and let them cook until one side is brown, about 5 minutes. Flip the chops and put the pan in the oven. Cook until they reach an internal temp of 145F degrees (about another 5-7 minutes). Take them out of the oven and put them on a plate to rest.
- Put the same skillet back on medium-high heat. Add prosciutto and cook stirring occasionally, until it is crisp (about 5 minutes). Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent – about 6-7 minutes. Stir in rosemary and cook 1 minute longer.
- Pour in cream and bring to a simmer. When cream begins to simmer add chopped spinach and stir. Add prosciutto back into the sauce and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Plate the pork chops and spoon all the spinach cream sauce over the top of the 4 pork chops.