First off I just have to start this post with… this is my 100th blog post! Woohoo! Thank you to everyone that has followed along on my cooking journey! Have you ever had one of those moments or weekends that leaves you promising yourself Monday morning you’re going to start to eat better or healthier? Yeah, I had one of those moments on Sunday halfway through an apres drink and massive cheese burger…sorry I’m not sorry, it was delicious. Everything in moderation right? But a heavy meal like that doesn’t make me feel like I want to get out and be active. It actually makes me want to take a nap.
This edamame and kale salad will do the exact opposite… it’s a power packed, energy boosting, superfood salad that will give you a kick in the butt to get moving! There is so much nutrients and vitamins you’ll have more energy than you know what to do with! The best part about this salad? It makes enough for a few meals! I made a big bowl and have eaten it for lunch the last three days!
Did I mention the ginger soy dressing on the salad? Tangy, sweet, and salty it’s so so good and there’s enough dressing to save for later! Each day I throw a little extra goodie on top like, chicken, tuna or ham for some added protein and feta cheese or mozzarella just because cheese is freaking delicious (and its my weakness!) So grab every veggie you have in your fridge, chop it up and toss it with this bomb.com ginger soy dressing and get ready for some energy packed feel-good-food!
Ingredients (Serves 6-8):
- 1 large bunch of kale, ribs removed and chopped (8-10 large leaves)
- 1/2 a small red cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 a small red onion, diced
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced into rounds
- 4 celery stalks, sliced into half moons
- 1 medium English cucumber, cubed/diced
- 1 15oz can whole sweet corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 bag (8-10oz) shelled edamame beans (frozen) thawed according to the directions on the bag
- Toppings you love like feta cheese, fresh mozzarella, sliced turkey, grilled chicken, salmon- get creative!
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Whisk the salad dressing ingredients together in a medium bowl. I used a food processor/ blender for a smoother texture but a whisk would work fine. set aside
- Chop all the veggies and mix them together in a large bowl, top with corn and edamame, toss to combine. Depending on your taste you can add more or take away some of the vegetables. I would have added red pepper to the salad if I had it on hand but add what you like and make it your salad!
- Drizzle half the ginger soy dressing over the salad and toss. Add more dressing until the salad is coated with desired amount of dressing. If you want to to keep salad for the next day, divide the salad before you dress it. Cover the undressed salad with saran wrap and reserve for the next day! Enjoy!
Woohoo! I can’t wait for 100 more!!
Thanks Rachelle!! I’ll keep ’em coming!