Where did the week go?! It’s Friday, It’s August and I feel like my summer has been in a vacuum! There have been so many fun things going on this summer including getting married, going to other friends weddings, concerts, camping, cooking… time flies when your enjoying life! Each time I go to the farmers market the produce gets a little more plump, ripe and delicious for new recipes! Yesterday was scorching hot and the last thing I wanted was a warm lunch. This quinoa salad is a perfect cold side for lunch, dinner or afternoon snack! The sweetness of the cranberries and corn balance the tartness of the feta and kale for the perfect mix of summer flavors. Enjoy the weekend!
Quinoa, Kale & Corn Salad with Cranberries & Feta by Ski Boots in the Kitchen (Serves 4 to 6)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 2 ears of corn, kernels cut off
- 1/2 a small red onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup toasted almond slivers
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbed feta cheese
- 1/4 cup good olive oil (plus extra for sauteing)
- 1 lime, juiced
- Freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium saute pan, drizzle olive oil to coat the bottom (two turns around the pan)
- Saute red onion and corn until the onion is translucent and tender. Add kale. cook until kale begins to wilt and turns bright green- about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat, set aside and allow it to cool.
- In a large bowl, add cooked quinoa, kale, corn and onion saute, toasted almonds, and cranberries. Drizzle 1/4 cup of olive oil and juice of 1 lime over the ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Add Feta cheese and season to taste with salt and pepper. Toss once more and refrigerate for 1 hour or serve immediately. Enjoy!
(This is the color of the finished kale, corn and onion saute)
mmm! This reminds me of the yummy salad at Silver Star!
What kind of dressing did you use